THE LANGUAGE CENTER
Under the influence of globalization, language skills play a critical role for students in their future career. The goal of language center is to promote flexible language teaching courses for Min-Hwei junior college students. We cultivate students’ language commutation skills and basic reading and writing skills for future career.
The language center belongs to Office of Academic Affairs.
It is responsible for several affairs as followings.
- Inviting experimented instructors to consider and revise new curriculum and assessment before each semester.
- Giving English placement test for newcomers and classifying language courses into fundamental, intermediate, and advanced level for each grade students.
- Offering variety language training courses to students for language proficiency tests such as TOEIC Bridge and CSEPT yearly.
- Providing training courses or campus tests to assist students for passing language graduation threshold.
- Supporting our school to cooperate with international academics and affairs.
Current and Future Development
Now, language center supports teachers to enhance teaching skills by learning community and provides teachers resources to design flexible curriculum for students who have different language proficiency. For students, it invites outstanding lectures to give diversity language training courses for enhancing students’ language skills. Besides, it provides various language learning platforms and multimedia recourses for students to do self-directed learning in and after school.
According to the policy of developing Taiwan into a bilingual nation by 2030, we encourage instructors to increase the percentage of bilingual teaching year by year. We hope students to accept bilingual teaching gradually. Also, our instructors continue to renew and revise teaching materials and methodology to fit future students demands.We want to create a win-win learning environment for both students and teachers.